Membership in the Marshalltown Area Chamber of Commerce aligns you with approximately 500 other businesses, organizations and individuals in an association that works diligently to strengthen the long-term economic vitality of both its members and the community. Working together creates a collaborative influential voice far stronger than any one person or organization. The effects of that influence spread to vital areas including education, workforce, business climate, legislative issues, and overall quality of life.
Your investment in the Marshalltown Area Chamber of Commerce will benefit your business/organization specifically as follows:
- Promotion – We’ll come alongside to help get your name out there.We’ll announce your Chamber membership in the New Member section of the Chamber Digest newsletter, asking other Chamber members to show you their support and patronage.We’ll also boost your online presence by listing your business/organization in the Chamber’s online Business Directory where anyone can search either by name or category. We’ll also list your website there with a direct link to your home page—all included as part of your membership investment.And, those who call or come into the Chamber offices looking for answers to their questions (more than 3,000 per year) will only be referred to Chamber members.
- Networking – We give you the opportunity to meet and connect with other Chamber members, creating a valuable network of contacts.Attend our monthly Business After Hours, A.M. Exchanges, or annual Business to Business Showcase to tell about your business/organization and learn about others in an informal, relaxed setting. It’s a great chance to get out of the office and into other businesses in the community.
- Important Updates – The business world keeps changing, and the Chamber will keep you abreast of new developments. For instance, we hosted an Overtime Regulation Seminar to help employers navigate the new Department of Labor rules. Then, we posted important hand-outs and follow-up materials online so our Chamber members had the up-to-date information at their fingertips.We’ll also keep you up-to-date on issues and pending legislation while our lawmakers are in session. All Chamber members are invited to attend these Friday Forums.
- Advocacy – It’s often not enough just to know what is happening; there comes a time to let those who represent us know how we feel on certain topics. Annually, the Chamber arranges trips to both the State Capital and Washington, D.C. to visit with our policymakers concerning issues affecting Chamber member businesses/organizations and our Marshalltown area community as a whole.
- Leadership – It’s the Chamber’s desire to provide a positive leadership role in the greater Marshalltown area to promote business activity that ensures the highest quality of life for present and future generations of area residents. To accomplish this, the Chamber provides:
- Training seminars – targeted to the needs of our Chamber members. From honing interpersonal communication to developing vital skill sets, the Chamber’s workshops and courses are designed to boost the performance of Chamber member employees. For instance, in late 2016, we offered a Manager’s Bootcamp series with the express intent of developing leaders within businesses and organizations by giving them a “survival kit” of skills.
- Iowa Valley Leadership Program – Each year, the Marshalltown Area Chamber of Commerce and Iowa Valley Continuing Education select 25 to 30 dynamic individuals who represent a cross section of the community and bring diverse strengths to the team to create the Iowa Valley Leadership Class. These emerging leaders take part in a nine-month program that immerses them in a knowledge of different sectors of the community as well as engages them in activities. They go on to hold leadership positions in their companies, serve on non-profit boards, volunteer for community organizations and hold public office. These leaders help make Marshalltown a great place to live, work and do business.
- Involvement – The very best way to see the difference your Chamber membership makes for you, your business/organization, and community is to get involved. As a Chamber member, you will have numerous opportunities to volunteer. No matter what your passion, we guarantee there is a place for you to jump on board. Let us help you find your niche!