Employer: Mediacom Communications Corp.
Job Title: Broadband Specialist I
Location: Marshalltown, IA
Brief Job Description/Summary:
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and broadband services. You’ll drive a company van, go into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You’ll also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers may have regarding installation.
List of Job Duties:
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and
interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both
single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
• High school diploma or GED required; trade school training preferred.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
• General level of mechanical and consumer devices knowledge.
• Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
Further information/application process contact: Apply Online at https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=13813
Closing Date: NA