5 things to do in Marshalltown in 2022
Yes, there will be way more than five things to do in Marshalltown next year, but we thought we would whet your appetite with just a handful as we all look forward to 2022.
1. Ride the newly-surfaced Linn Creek Recreational Trail. Portions of the trail will be brand new for use in 2022 including the stretch through Marshalltown. Parks & Recreation Director Geoff Hubbard said the trail through town was paved in concrete sections by Con-Struct. “It should be a smoother ride next year once that work is completed,” Hubbard said.
This work is being done in addition to the overlay already completed by Marshall County on portions of the trail toward Grimes Farm.
2. Soak in Oktemberfest. This annual fall festival was back this past year and was a huge hit. They always have things to do for all ages, top-notch musical entertainment and family-friendly activities. The carnival was also very popular in 2021. Mark your calendars for September 22-25, 2022.
3. Visit “The MACC.” The renovated Marshalltown Arts & Civic Center will be open next year and will be spectacular. It is the former Fisher Community Center, which will have an updated art gallery, meeting spaces, offices and more.
4. Visit the traveling Holocaust Exhibit. The Marshalltown Public Library will be the only place in the state of Iowa to host this esteemed exhibit. Be on the lookout for programming surrounding this exhibit, which is scheduled to be in Marshalltown March 26-May 4, 2022.
5. Spend some summer days at the Central Iowa Fair. This fair is always a fun time and will return to Marshalltown from July 13-16, 2022. Whether you like to check out the animals, live entertainment or food, our county fair never disappoints.