The Director of Membership Services will coordinate events and programs that support the Chamber’s strategic plan and annual program of work. The Director of Membership Services will be responsible for the management and oversight of membership retention and recruitment, assist with website and social media maintenance, and perform some accounting functions.
- Increase membership.
- Maintain a high membership retention rate.
- Implement programs that allow members to network and connect with one another, including but not limited to monthly Business After Hours, coffees, luncheons, and trainings.
- Coordinate the membership committee.
- Coordinate and assist with business visits, ribbon cuttings, and groundbreaking, with the Chamber Ambassadors.
- Provide support for planning and implementation of Chamber events, as assigned.
& Social Media
- Provide content for monthly newsletter, email blasts, and Facebook posts.
- Create and edit the monthly newsletter.
- Drive visits to the Chamber’s website and update content as appropriate.
- Assist in advertising purchases and public relations campaigns that are consistent with the Chamber’s branding.
- Create marketing materials, such as relocation packet, membership packet, and event flyers.
- Seek out new technology tools that provide value to Chamber members and investors.
- Plan and implement a number of member events throughout the year, as detailed in Chamber’s Program of Work.
- Prepare an annual Membership Services budget for approval by the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Oversee the Membership Services portion of the Chamber’s budget.
- Process membership payments, prepare invoices, and assist with preparing deposits.
- Provide administrative support to the President/CEO as needed.
- Attend committee meetings as assigned.
- Assist with office administration as necessary; such as answering phones, assisting customers, and booking rooms for the Fisher Community Center.
- Represent the Chamber and Marshalltown community in a positive manner to the public, Chamber membership, and other appropriate audiences.
- Promote and encourage volunteer involvement in the Chamber.
- Engage in appropriate community boards and organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, accounting, or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in related field.
- Demonstrated capability in initiating and monitoring several projects at once.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability utilizing social media and other technology platforms.
- Residency within Marshall County.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, as
other programs and activities may be added through action by the President/CEO
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Lynn Olberding (PO Box 1000, Marshalltown, IA 50158).
|Job Category||Marketing, Recruitment, Sales, Support Services|