Employer: Grandview Heights Rehab & Healthcare
Job Title: FT & PT Services Assistants
Location: 910 E. Olive St. Marshalltown, IA 50158
Brief Job Description/Summary: The Service Assistant is a non-professional employee trained to provide personal care and related services to residents in the community according to documented, individualized service and care plans. He/she functions under the Healthcare Coordinator. May be a Certified Nurse’s Aide but this is not required
List of Job Duties:
May provide assistance with the following:
- Personal hygiene (grooming, hair care, shaving, skin care)
- Change bed linens and make bed
- Pass fresh water & ice
- Nutritional and fluid intake
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Offer snacks as provided
- Follows the resident’s ISP as directed. Follows the daily task sheets developed for each resident.
- Communicates with the appropriate supervisor about changes in the resident’s status and/or the home situation
- May serve as a spotter for CAN’s or Nurses when using lifts
- Utilizes standard precautions and infection control procedures
- Follows written instructions and requests assistance and further instructions with new or unfamiliar situations.
- Assists the resident in maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Exhibits a caring and respectful attitude toward the resident and the resident’s property
- Assist with activities and encourage resident engagement and participation
- Uphold confidentiality of residents and coworkers, HIPAA
- Attend in service meetings and mandatory trainings
- Adheres to all company policies
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent is preferred.
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The Service Assistant must have the following:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must possess good observational skills.
- A desire to work with elderly and handicapped.
- A sense of responsibility, dependability and leadership
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with others, including co-workes, residents and families.
- A desire to continue and improve education in geriatrics
- Ability to acquire new skills and new procedures.
- Be able to maintain good working relationships with others.
- Be able to promote and maintain the highest level of independence in the resident.
WORK EXPERIENCE: previous health-related experience preferred, but not necessary. Extensive on-the job training is provided.
PHYSICAL: Service Assistant will frequently be called upon to perform duties requiring bending kneeling pivoting and crouching. These activities will primarily be utilized during patient care and transferring of patients. Service Assistants must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- SIGHT: Service Assistants are required to have normal vision, as corrected
- HEARING: Service Assistants are required to have normal range of hearing as corrected.
- Service Assistants must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination.
Further information/application process contact: Applications can be found on our web-site: www.granviewmarshalltown.com
Closing Date: 07/20/19