Employer: Grandview Heights Rehab and Healthcare
Job Title: Certified Medication Aide (CMA)-Full time or part time, 1st & 2nd shifts available.
Location: Marshalltown Iowa
Brief Job Description/Summary: The certified Medication Aide works under the supervision of the charge nurse, administering oral and topical medications. The medication Aide will be called upon to maintain a clean and orderly medication room and cart. Assists with residents care as necessary, as well, assists with grooming of assigned residents and overall cleanliness of residents unit. Medication Aides are responsible for observing and reporting changes in resident’s physical and emotional condition to the supervisors.
List of Job Duties: The Certified Medication Aide must have the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must possess good observational skills.
- A desire to work with elderly and handicapped.
- A sense of responsibility, dependability and leadership
- Have a pleasant personality and a desire to continue and improve education in geriatric’s
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to acquire skills and new procedures and proper training
- Be able to maintain good working relationships with others.
- Be able to promote and maintain the highest level of independence in the resident.
- Observe for any reactions when administering medication.
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Certified Medication Certificate
Further information/application process contact: Grandview Heights 910 E. Olive St., Marshalltown, IA 50158 www.grandviewmarshalltown.com
Closing Date: April 1, 2019
|Job Category||Healthcare, Nursing, Retirement Facility, Senior Living|