Employer: Clapsaddle-Garber Associates
Job Title: Survey Technician
Brief Job Description/Summary:
We are looking for you to assist the Lead Surveyor or Land Surveyor Party Chief in completing survey work. We work on a wide variety of large and small projects ranging from small residential and commercial site plans, to large 80+ acre industrial and residential subdivisions, to local funded and federal aid highway and street projects.
List of Job Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include working with our field survey crews on a variety of surveying activities from construction to boundary surveys. Additionally, you will work directly with senior staff in reviewing field notes and assuring construction calculations are developed/correct.
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess some amount of land surveying experience. While individuals with prior land surveying experience are preferred, individuals that exhibit a strong work ethic and willingness to learn will be considered.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Knowledge of basic math and the types of measurements related to land surveying including linear, angular, elevations and unit systems conversion including knowledge of geometry, trigonometry and algebra.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with co-workers and managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in
- Ability to work extended hours including Saturdays and ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time on an as needed basis.
- Proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and programs, including MS Office Suite and Adobe
- Highly motivated, resourceful and able to work independently with minimal
- Must be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather and lifting 50-75
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license
- AA Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering Technology Degree or any other technical degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of survey instruments such as transits, levels, distance meters, planimeters, and theodolites.
- Knowledge of information sources used to determine land ownership and location of telephone and power cables, water and gas mains.
- Familiarity with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, Data Collectors and Levels preferred.
- Prior experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
Further information/application process contact:
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc., is an employee owned firm offering competitive wages and benefits including paid time off, 401k profit sharing, health and disability insurance, flexible schedule and opportunity for advancement.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date: February 28, 2019
|Job Category||Construction, Engineering, Surveyors|