Company: City of Marshalltown
Job Title: Transit Operator 1 (Bus Driver) – FULL TIME
Location: Marshalltown, IA
Brief Job Description/Summary: Operates small, medium, and large transit buses to provide public transportation; does related work as required.
List of Job Duties:
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Acceptable Experience and Training :
• Graduation from high school, preferably supplemented by additional training in the operation of large trucks or transit buses; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications:
• Possession of a Commercial Drivers License (Class B endorsement) issued by the State of Iowa with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements. CDL must be obtained within two weeks of a conditional job offer;
• Safe driving record;
• Successful completion of the City’s driver’s training program;
• Ability to be bonded by the City’s casualty insurance carrier;
• Must have positive credit reference.
Further information/application process contact: Applications are available a City Hall – 24 North Center Street or online at www.marshalltown-ia.gov
Closing Date: First review of applications will be Friday, September 13, 2019 at Noon