Company: City of Marshalltown
Job Title: Lead Grant Inspector
Location: Marshalltown, IA
Brief Job Description/Summary:
Performs risk assessments and related duties to identify lead-painted surfaces and lead paint hazards, as well as healthy home assessments, in rental and owner-occupied housing units to ensure compliance with all applicable federal guidance and laws pertaining to the HUD Lead Hazard Reduction Grant; does related work as required.
List of Job Duties:
- Conducts on-site risk assessments of rental and owner-occupied housing units in the city to test for the presence of lead-based paint and lead-based paint dust in housing units through the use of X-ray fluorescence technology and/or dust wipe and paint sampling. Include the conducting a healthy homes assessment in conjunction with the lead assessment:
- Identifies lead and healthy homes hazards in rental and owner-occupied housing;
- Prepares detailed project specifications to prescribe methods of lead hazard reduction or abatement and healthy home hazard mitigations to include formulating cost estimates for the same;
- Supervises contractor performance to ensure compliance with HUD approved lead safe work practices;
- Conducts project inspection tours and bid-letting/bid-opening activities;
- Inspects and approves works in progress and work completion prior to payment of contractor;
- Performs clearance testing of housing units after completion of lead hazard reduction/abatement activities and prepares clearance reports;
- Performs various clerical duties necessary to maintain an organized and efficient office;
- Answers questions from the public concerning the Lead Hazard Reduction Grant Program;
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops as requested and authorized;
- Performs related work as required.
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Graduation from high school supplemented by six to twelve months additional training in property maintenance, property management, building trades, construction or closely related fields or educational training as a required minimum; and
- Some experience in code enforcement work with a City government, preferred, and preferably in the State of Iowa; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Iowa;
Obtain required inspection certifications within 6 months of hire date – dependent on training availability
Further information/application process contact: Application can be found at www.marshalltown-ia.gov. Employment application should be completed electronically and sent to the City of Marshalltown Human Resource Department either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or printed and sent to City of Marshalltown Attn: Human Resources, 24 N Center Street, Marshalltown, IA 50158.
Closing Date: Open until filled
|Job Category||Construction, Public Works, Safety|