Sales Tax Weekend
Iowa’s Annual Sales Tax Holiday is August 3 & 4, 2018
This yearly holiday is held the first Friday and Saturday of August.
Please Be Aware That…
- This is an annual event on the first Friday and Saturday of August.
- The holiday does not include Sunday.
- Businesses that are open on these days are required to participate.
- Businesses cannot advertise that they will pay or otherwise absorb the sales tax on items that don’t qualify.
- When completing the tax return, list qualifying Sales Tax Holiday sales on the “exemptions” line
Check out the Iowa Department of Revenue website
https://tax.iowa.gov/iowas-annual-sales-tax-holiday for more details.
Date(s) - Friday, August 3, 2018