Excellent opportunities for educational attainment are widely available to all Marshalltown area students. No matter the age, level, preference or goal, when it comes to learning, there are educational institutional available to support all students in their chosen endeavors.
Marshalltown is proud to have had a hand in initiating an inaugural STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education program in Iowa. In 2015, the Marshalltown education and business communities came together to help establish the pilot program for student summer STEM camp. The program has taken off and is going strong.
- Spatial Temporal Math (ST-Math): In 2017, thanks to a generous grant from the Governor’s STEM Council and the partnership of the local business community, the Marshalltown Community School District enhanced its curriculum by adding Spatial Temporal Math (ST-Math). This game-based instructional program, integrated in the pre-K to 6th grad curriculums, is designed to boost math comprehension and proficiency through visual learning.
- Project Lead the Way: As a state leader in Project Lead the Way, the school district offers the inspiring program both in their elementary schools and to Marshalltown High School students via such classes as engineering and biomedical science. These curriculum offerings at all grade levels promise to help advance math and science interest and enthusiasm for every student.
Marshalltown Community School District
The Marshalltown Community School District is committed to preparing all learners, through an unparalleled culture of excellence, to be productive and engaged citizens in a diverse world. The school district accomplishes this by developing learners who have the knowledge, skills and positives mindset to successfully purse and meaningful future through personalized learning experiences.
- More than 5,000 students preschool through high school.
- Six elementary schools (pre-K-4).
- One intermediate school (5-6).
- One middle school (7-8).
- One traditional high school (9-12).
- Marshalltown Learning Academy, serving non-traditional, at-risk, secondary students who need a flexible schedule in an alternative learning environment.
- Dual language enrichment program, giving students the opportunity to learn Spanish and English, while still receiving the same quality education as other students across the district.
- Career exploration.
- Extracurricular programs in music, fine arts, athletics and more.
- Sliver cord serving learning program supporting the Marshalltown spirit of volunteerism.
The following private schools offer options that are added bonuses to the excellent academic choices in town:
St. Francis Catholic School
- Pre-K-6 Catholic school
- Serves families of all religious backgrounds.
- Fully state accredited.
- Providing quality education for more than 135 years.
- High academic standards.
- Christ-centered environment.
- Focuses on academic excellence, development of faith/character and fiscal responsibility.
- Student-to-teacher ratio of 11:1
- 1:1 technology to student ratio.
- More than 40 percent of faculty has graduate degrees.
- Teachers have an average of 15 years’ experience.
Marshalltown Christian School
The purpose of Marshalltown Christian School is to glorify God through biblical, Christ-centered education, provide academic excellence and prepare students for service and leadership.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit, non-denominational Christian school.
- Serving the Marshalltown community since 2006
- Newly constructed facility (2016).
- Enrolls students in grades K-8.
- Eight individuals serve as faculty and staff.
Iowa Valley Community College District operates:
- Marshalltown Community College.
- Iowa Valley Continuing Education.
- Orpheum Theater Center in Marshalltown.
- Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls.
- MCC satellite campus in Grinnell.